Pivot tables can be created from survey results using Google Sheets as well as Microsoft Excel.
- You can create a pivot table by exporting all the survey results first.
- Click Grid view and then export the results by clicking the overflow menu.
- Open the exported file in Google Sheets to start creating the pivot table. Now select the entire result and then go to insert and click pivot table.
- Click New Sheet to create a new pivot table and then click the Create option.
- Go to the rows sections in the pivot table editor and click the add to insert questions into the pivot table.
- You can also add response, respondent, type, follow-up question response, and submitted on data to the pivot table under the rows section.
- To insert the related responses to the table, click add in the rows section and then select response.
- To insert the total number of respondents for each response into the table, add response to the pivot table from the value section.
- You can add the response percentage for particular response by adding response again from value section and then change response show as from default to % of grand total.
You can also filter the question type to be inserted into the pivot table from the filter settings.