You can create pivot tables from survey results using Google Sheets as well as Microsoft Excel.
- You can create a pivot table by exporting all the survey results first.
- Click Grid view and then export the results by clicking the overflow menu
- Open the exported file in Microsoft Excel to start creating the pivot table. Now, select the entire result and then go to insert and click pivot table.
- Select New Work Sheet to create a new pivot table and then click ok.
- Go to Pivot table field and select questions to insert questions into the pivot table.
- You can also add response, respondent, type, follow-up question response, and submitted on data to the pivot table.
- To insert the related responses to the table, select response under pivot table field.
- To insert the total number of respondents for each response into the table, drag respondents from the pivot table field to the value section.
- To add the response percentage for a particular response by drag respondents again into the value section, click count of respondents, select value field settings and then change the response show as from no calculation to % of grand total.