Navigation: Admin > Performance > Templates > Create
Templates help you customize the sections in your performance review forms. They provide you reusability across cycles and also help you manage variations in the types of sections you wish to configure across employees.
- Admins and users with relevant permissions can create templates by clicking the Create button in the "Templates" tab.
- Type the template name and click Next.
- Enter the relevant template details, such as notes, and template categories, if required.
- A default section will be added to the template automatically. Type the section title and description.
- By default, the employee and manager ratings and comments are enabled for the section. You can switch the toggle button to Disabled to disable rating/comments OR select the Mandatory checkbox to make rating and comments mandatory for an employee and manager.
- Click Save to add the section.
- When you add a section to the template, it will automatically open a sub-section.
- Type the sub-section title and note.
Note: Under the Sub-section, you can manually add more competencies from the competency library.
Click +Add From Competency Library to manually add competency to the sub-section.
Select competencies from the "Competency Library" window and click ADD.
- The questions will be automatically added to the template based on selected competencies.
- Click +Add question to include more questions in the sub-section.
- Type your question title and click +Add Note to make any note related to the question.
- Click Save to add the question.
- You can edit, delete or reorder the question. Hover over the question to edit, delete or reorder.
- Click +Add sub section to add more sub-sections, OR select +Section from the ADD drop-down to include more sections on the review template.
Add Goals Section
Adding a goals section on the review template provides a structured framework for employees and reviewers to include goals, evaluate employees' performance against each goal, and provide relevant comments and ratings on the review form.
- To add a goals section, select +Goals from the ADD drop-down.
Type the description about the goals section if required and select the Make Goals Mandatory For Employees checkbox to make goals mandatory for employees to add at least one goal on the performance review form.
- By default, the employee and manager ratings and comments are enabled for the goals section. You can switch the toggle button to DISABLED to disable rating/comments OR select the Mandatory checkbox to make rating and comments mandatory for an employee and manager.
Select the Automatically fetch goals checkbox to fetch an employee's goals automatically on the review form.
Note: Refer to Automatically fetch goals on the review form to learn more about the goals section.
Add Job Competency Section
Job competency refers to the knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics required to perform a specific job effectively. By mapping competencies to job titles, the employees receive questions that are specific to each job role, ensuring that employees are evaluated based on the skills and knowledge required for their specific position.
- From the ADD drop-down, select +Job Competency to automatically add competency based on the job titles.
- Type the competency section description if required.
- By default, the employee and manager ratings and comments are enabled for the competency section. You can switch the toggle button to DISABLED to disable rating/comments OR select the Mandatory checkbox to make rating and comments mandatory for an employee and manager.
- Click Save to add the competency section.
- Refer to Create a Competency article to learn more about competency.
Note: When the competency section is added, it will auto-generate the competencies mapped to the job titles of each employee and add them to the review form.
Add Weightage to Sections
Adding weights to review template sections is the ability to assign different levels of importance or significance to each section of the review template. This feature allows organizations to indicate the relative importance of various sections within the review process.
- Click Weighting to add weightage to the template sections and sub-sections.
- Set the weights for each section in the "Weighting" window.
Note: The weights added to sections must be equal to 100%.
- By default, the weights added to the section are equally distributed to its sub-section. You can customize the sub-sections weights.
- Click a section to customize the sub-section weights.
- Set weights for each sub-section as required. The addition of sub-section weights must be equal to the weight of the section.
- Click Save to add weights.
- You can edit, delete and reorder the sections as necessary. Hover over the section to edit, delete and reorder the section.
- You can preview the review template. Click Preview to preview the template OR Click Save once the template is done.