User management is efficiently and securely managing user-related activities within the system. Admins can access user management, which involves creating, configuring, and managing user accounts, defining roles and permissions, organizing users into departments or business units, assigning job titles, specifying employee types, and managing user access to various resources. User management ensures access control, streamlines administrative tasks, and maintains a secure and organized system.
You can access the following user management fields:
Navigate to Settings > User Management.
User management allows you to create and manage user accounts and track their activities. You can view the number of active and blocked users. You can add and manage the users of your organization.
- Click Users and click ADD to manually add the users, import the users in bulk, and/or import users from other platforms, as required.
- Click the Overflow Menu Icon at the top right to manage the columns and export the data.
- In each user’s field, click the Edit Icon to edit their information and click the Overflow Menu Icon for additional actions.
The additional actions, such as
- Assign Permission
- Block User
- Mark as Site Administrator
- Mark as CXO
- Resend Login Credentials
- Change Password
- Manage Documents
You can block the users at any time if required. You have to provide a reason for blocking them. Blocked users cannot access the site and do not get notifications about the system's activities.
You can activate the blocked users.
Navigate to Settings > User Management > Users > Blocked Users.
On each employee field, click the Overflow Menu Icon at the top right, and select Activate the User.
Note: Blocking the user removes all reporting relationships. When you activate them, you have to provide the reporting information again for them to appear in their manager's team.
2. Roles and Permissions
User management allows you to assign users to different roles, controlling what actions they can perform and what data they can access. You can add a new role and assign permissions, as required.
- Click Roles and Permissions, click NEW ROLE, and type the name and description of it.
- Select the permissions that you want to assign to the new role and click ADD.
You can also add users to the existing role.
- Click + Assign role and search the users.
- Click Enter on your keyboard to select the user and click SAVE.
You can group the individuals based on their operational areas within the organization. User management allows you to organize the users into departments, facilitating better collaboration and resource allocation within the organization. You can add and manage the departments of your organization.
- Click Departments and click ADD DEPARTMENT.
- Hover over any department and click MANAGE to manage them, redirecting you to their respective department page for additional actions.
- On each department field, click the Overflow Menu Icon to edit and delete it.
4. Business Units
User management allows you to organize the users based on their business units, which helps to assign tasks and manage workflows. You can add and manage the business units of your organization.
- Click Business Units and click ADD BUSINESS UNIT.
- Hover over any business unit and click MANAGE to manage them, redirecting you to their respective business unit page for additional actions.
- On each business unit field, click the Overflow Menu Icon to edit and delete it.
5. Job Titles
User management allows you to assign job titles to users, providing clarity of their roles and responsibilities. You can add and manage the job titles in your organization.
- Click Job Titles and click ADD.
- Click the job title on the left pane and click the Overflow Menu Icon at the top right to edit and delete the job title.
You can add responsibilities, requirements, competencies, and skills for each job title.
At the top right, click the Settings Icon to enable/disable the job title settings.
- Assign or tag different competencies to various job titles.
- Set targets for the competencies.
6. Employee Types
User management allows you to categorize users based on their employment status. You can add and manage the employee type.
- Click Employee Types and click ADD.
- Hover over any employee type and click VIEW to manage them, redirecting you to their respective employee page for additional actions.
- On each employee type field, click the Overflow Menu Icon to edit and delete it.
Locations refer to the geographical sites where users may be located, such as offices, branches, or remote work locations. You can add and manage the locations of the users.
- Click Locations and click ADD LOCATION.
- Hover over any location and click VIEW to manage them, redirecting you to their respective location page for additional actions.
- On each location field, click the Overflow Menu Icon to edit and delete it.
User management is a fundamental aspect, empowering the admins to control access, maintain security, and streamline administrative processes, ensuring a well-organized and secure environment for all users within the organization.