Table of Contents
Understanding and addressing the career aspirations of employees hold paramount importance. When employees are unsatisfied with their current roles, they explore alternative positions within the organization or aim to develop specific skills for career advancement. Admins can create career aspirations for employees’ growth that cater to the unique ambitions of each employee. This proactive approach fosters employee engagement and satisfaction and facilitates strategic workforce development.
Note: You can create career aspirations for employee growth if the Growth module is enabled. Learn more in Enable or disable a module in Engagedly.
2 Set-up Questionnaire for Career Aspirations
Navigate to Settings > Growth > Settings.
- Click Set-up Questionnaire
The Self Discovery - Questionnaire pop-up appears, consisting of
- Role Satisfaction
- Growth Areas
- Known Gaps
By default, all five sections are enabled.
Note: If you disable any section, it will not appear in the Survey.
- In the Role Satisfaction section, you can edit/delete/add the options if required.
- In the Growth Areas section, the employee’s current role gets pre-filled in the Career Aspirations The employees can view the job titles of your organization in the Desired Role drop-down menu.
- The Skills section is a multi-selection question.
Note: Skills you add to the library are available in the drop-down menu in the Career Aspirations Survey. Learn more in Create and manage Skills.
- The Known Gaps and Interests sections contain a text box where the employees can comment.
Note: After you set up the questionnaire, the Share Survey option is enabled.
3. Click Save.
Note: The questions are not mandatory. The employees can submit without answering or partially answering the Survey.
4. Click Share Survey to share Career Aspirations with the employees.
5. Set the recurrence pattern for sharing the survey, which is available as Monthly, Quarterly, Bi-Annually, and Yearly if required.
6. Set up a date for the initial survey distribution and click Save.
Note: There is no end date to the Career Aspirations Survey.
After saving the Career Aspirations, you can edit it.
- Click Set-up Questionnaire and hover over the section and question to edit them.
Note: You cannot add more questions to it.
3 View Employees Career Aspirations Reports
You can view the employees’ Career Aspirations reports.
Navigate to Growth.
- In the My Org tab, you can view the employees’ on the left pane. On the right, you can view their IDPs.
Select an employee on the left pane and click the Star Icon to view the Career Aspirations of each employee.
Click each section to view the employee’s response.
You can create the IDP based on the employees’ responses, which indicates their career aspirations. Click Create IDP at the top right.
- In the Reports tab, you can view the reports based on Role Satisfaction
Scroll to the bottom to view the Role Satisfaction Distribution details of how many employees have responded to the Career Aspirations and their selection.
You can view the report details based on the group as required.
Click View Details and select the group in the View By drop-down menu. Select the specific group in the drop-down menu.
You can view the report details of each employee. Click the employee name to view their Growth Discovery History.
The Career Aspirations feature has been integrated into the Talent Profiles. You can view the employees’ responses to the Role Satisfaction.
Navigate to Talent Profiles > General Report.
- Click the Overflow Menu Icon at the top right and select Manage Columns.
- Enable Role Satisfaction and scroll to the right.