Templates are the questionnaires used to evaluate the employees’ performance. The HR/admins can create customizable templates to fit the organization's goals, values, and specific evaluation criteria. You can include multiple sections in a template and multiple questions in a section.
Navigate to Performance > Templates.
- Click CREATE.
- Type the template name and click NEXT.
- In the TEMPLATE SECTIONS, type the section title and its description, and click SAVE.
When you add a section to the template, a subsection field appears automatically.
When you add a subsection to the section, the Add question field appears automatically.
Based on your requirements, you can perform the following at the section and subsection levels.
- At the section level, you can
- Add subsections and questions in each section.
- Enable/disable employee rating and comments for the section.
- Mark the rating and comments mandatory for employee.
- Enable/disable manager rating and comments for the section.
- Mark the rating and comments mandatory for manager.
- Hover over the section to edit, delete, and rearrange it.
- In the ADD drop-down menu, add sections, goals, job competencies, and IDP.
You can add the following to the Performance review, which is optional.
- Goals module: Add multiple goals of employees and make them mandatory if required.
- Competencies are added to the employee’s job title.
- Individual Development Plan (IDP): Add multiple IDPs of employees and make them mandatory if required.
Adding them to the Performance review allows the reviewer to evaluate employees based on their competencies and Performance on goals and IDPs.
If required, you can make goals and IDPs mandatory for employees to add at least one goal and IDP to the Performance review cycle.
You can enable/disable employee rating and comments and manager rating and comments on the goals, IDPs, and competencies.
You can automatically fetch the goals into the Performance review based on the
- Performance review period or
- Number of days
- Statuses such as Assignment Date, Template Share, and Cycle Start
- Statuses such as active, inactive, and archived
- Progresses such as on track, at risk, archived, behind, and not started
- Statuses such as locked and unlocked
Learn more in Glossary of terms in Performance.
Automatically fetching employees goals from the Goals module, IDPs from the Growth module, and job competencies to their review forms streamlines the review process and saves employees and reviewers time.
- Add weighting to each section and subsection to assign different levels of importance.
- Click Weighting, type the weights, and click SAVE.
Note: The weighting added to all sections must equal 100%.
- At the subsection level, you can
- Hover over the section to edit, delete, add question(s), add subsection(s), and rearrange it.
- Add competency from the Engagedly competency library.
Note: When you add the competency, it auto-generates the job title assigned to the employee.
You can PREVIEW the template and click SAVE at the top right to save the template.
After creating the template, you can assign it to the existing cycle.
- Click the Overflow Menu for any template and select Assign.
- Select an existing cycle and click SELECT.
Note: You can assign the template to the employees who are already added to the cycle.