Table of Contents
1.1 How does it Work
1.2 User Actions
2.1 Survey Manager
Survey is a powerful tool that allows organizations to gather employees’ valuable data, feedback, opinions, and insights on various aspects related to their work, job satisfaction, engagement, and organizational culture to identify improvement areas and make informed decisions. The admins can set up workflow automation to trigger surveys based on specific conditions, ensuring no surveys go unnoticed. The authors can create a Survey that can reach multiple audiences within and beyond the organization. Learn more in Introduction to Survey.
1.1 How does it Work
- Admins can give access to anyone in the organization to create a Survey.
- Admins can assign the survey manager role to anyone in the organization.
- Admins and survey managers create and share a Survey within and beyond the organization.
- Respondents respond to the Survey.
- Admins and authors can view and export the respondents' responses.
1.2 User Actions
You can perform the following actions in Survey:
- Assign anyone the survey manager role
- Create a Survey
- Collect anonymous responses
- Share a Survey within and beyond the organization with or without an end date
- Award points on Survey completion
- Set recurrence to assignments
- View and export Survey responses
- Automate the Survey using the workflow in the organization
- Access Audit Log
2 Roles and Permissions
You can allow any employee of the organization
- to create a Survey
- to manage a Survey
- assigning them the survey manager role
2.1 Survey Manager
You can assign the survey manager role to any employee of the organization who can create and manage a Survey.
Navigate to Settings > User Management > Roles & Permissions.
- Click NEW ROLE.
- Type the name and description of the new role.
- Select the permissions you want to give the new role and click ADD.
- Click +Assign role, select the user, and click SAVE.
The survey managers can only view the Surveys they created. They can only view the Surveys Authored by Others if they are a co-author.
The one who has permission to create a Survey is called an author. The author can
- create a Survey
- add other admins and survey managers as co-authors. Learn more in Manage a Survey.
- manage a Survey
The co-authors have the same ability as the authors.
Note: The employees without the survey manager role cannot be added as co-authors.
3 Create a Survey
By default, you can create a Survey. You can allow any employee of the organization to create a Survey.
Navigate to Settings > Surveys and enable Everyone Creates Survey.
You can create surveys in two ways as per your organization's requirements. You can use a template from the template library to create a Survey or create a new Survey.
Engagedly offers you predefined Survey templates created by industry experts. You can create a Survey using a template that suits your requirements.
If you do not find any relevant templates in the library, you can create a new Survey as required.
Learn more in Create a Survey.
4 All Surveys and Active Surveys
You can view all the Surveys and the active Surveys of your organization. Only you can view the options Authored by You and Authored by Others.
Navigate to Surveys and click the Surveys tab.
- Click All to view all the Surveys created in your organization.
- Click Active to view the live Surveys in your organization.
- Click the drop-down menu to switch between Authored by You and Authored by Others.
You can manage the Surveys Authored by You. However, you can only view the Surveys Authored by Others and cannot share or manage them.
You can search the Survey in the Search field.
Each Survey has its title, number of assignments, last shared date, and status. If the Survey is live, you can see the status ACTIVE. The Surveys should have at least one assignment to be ACTIVE.
Click the Overflow Menu Icon on the Survey to preview and share it.
In the Template Library tab, you can view predefined Survey templates.
5 Share a Survey
After creating a survey, the admins can share a Survey within and beyond the organization.
You can share a Survey in the following assignment types.
- Share Survey with the employees
- Post the Survey on social
- Invite through email
- Generate a public URL
Learn more in Share a Survey.
6 Manage a Survey
After creating a Survey, you can manage it by editing and deleting it.
In each Survey, click the Overflow Menu Icon at the top right for the following actions:
- Edit the Survey title and description
- Push a Survey to the template library
- Manage the author and co-authors
- Copy the Survey
- Delete the Survey
You can also manage the Survey assignments and questionnaires. Learn more in Manage a Survey.In the Assignments tab, click the Overflow Menu Icon on each assignment for the following actions:
- Edit the assignment
- Add or remove the respondents
- Schedule the recurrence
- Close the assignment
- Open the closed assignment
- Delete the assignment
Recurrence gives the ability to share the Survey at regular intervals. You can schedule the recurrence Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Bi-Annually, Annually, and Custom as required. Once the assignments recur, they will appear below the parent assignment with automatic numbering. On the recurred assignments, you can view the numbering, which indicates to the author that how many times the assignments have occurred.
Note: When a recurrence is completed for an assignment and a new recurrence is scheduled for the same assignment, the numbering for recurring assignments will start from one.
You can turn off and turn on the recurrence at any time.
Toggle the button on the assignment to turn off/turn on the recurrence.In the questionnaire tab, you can
- Edit the section title and description
- Delete and reorder the sections
- Hover over the question to edit, copy, hide, and rearrange it
- Add question
Note: Hiding the question can affect the collected responses.
7 Manage the Respondents
While sharing the Survey, you can add the respondents. After sharing the Survey, you can manage the respondents by adding and removing them. Learn more in Manage the Respondents.
8 Nudge the Respondents to submit a Survey
You can nudge the respondents to submit their responses. You can nudge the individual respondents and nudge the respondents in bulk. Learn more in Nudge the Respondents to submit a Survey.
9 View and Export Survey Responses
You can view the respondents’ responses and export their reports in Excel format. You can filter the responses based on the date range, specific assignment, question wise responses, and individual responses. You can export individual and aggregated reports. Learn more in View and export Survey response.
10 Assign Survey Automation Workflow
Automation is used to trigger workflow within the organization. It is a series of automated actions triggered based on specific conditions that you set. Learn more in Assign Survey automation workflow.
11 Access Audit Logs
You can access the audit log to track and monitor all the users’ activities, email activities, and any actions within the Survey module. Learn more in Access Audit Log.
Navigate to Settings > Activity Logs > Audit Log.
Learn more in the glossary to better understand the key terms of Survey.